Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011 - Here's what went wrong...


           Quick update as it’s almost 1pm and time to go get into the trailer torture chamber with the cats while we wait out the heat of the day!  If I don’t get the door open soon, their temperature enclosed isn’t fair to them, so we all sweat together!

            Today I took pictures of the damage so far from the trip on the trailer.  Some is fixed, some not – apparently when you bounce a few  hundred miles in a 40 year old trailer, things shake loose….hmmm maybe that is why some of my parts are all a little more south and a little more broken too?
Lost two dust cops, the mechanic added the duct tape!

            When the floor fell on the tires, the mechanic welded in a two inch piece to lift it up –that seemed to work for that section, but not the front and back end.

            When I put water in the water tank a few days ago, it started leaking in a few places.  



 I tried to fix what I could see with JB Weld Wet and a Plumbing tape that seals, but the real problem is the bottom of the tank I can’t see which is still leaking three days later.   


And lower and lower it sinks thru the floor....
Now my fear is the tank will fall through the bottom of the trailer floor – every day I check it, it is sitting lower and caving in more though most of the wood floor damage was done before my time.   

Needless to say there is only imported water inside the trailer, but luckily things do drain out without making a mess!

            Inside some of the paneling fell down and is now being held up by all the blankets I brought and may never need to use if this heat doesn’t break soon!  There are a few other minor fixes, some shelves which fell down on top of the tire and the hole where the tire broke thru (some of that hole had been there already but wasn’t nearly that big!).

Here's the hole, the wire is covering it so the cats can't get out!
            The man who fixed the shelves turns out to have built the only earth ship passive cool/heating house in town – what are the odds!  I promptly invited myself over and with him being so shy and quiet not sure if he didn’t want me to come by or not?  But he only charged me $10 for 90 minutes work plus materials – really?  I gave him quite a bit more.  My philosophy is you shouldn’t have to lose money while doing work for someone else. 

            It cost me two or three bucks just to start my truck these days, how could he ever make a profit at that rate?  But it just goes to show the kind of kindness that still lives in and around when you look for it or rather allow it to find you.

            That’s it for today – sweating is my plans for the rest of the day!  Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get an earlier start and can upload some of the first farm footage!

 Here's the rest of the pics - 

This is where it's leaking out of three days in a row!


  
Here's where the water should be coming out of...
Here's where he welded as is the one below.

Here's another view of the welding.

No comments: