Monday, January 16, 2012

How long before strong wind is too strong?


            I'm sitting here writing this right now asking myself that very question.  There's a wind blowing and again, I am not sure how strong a wind can be before it flips my tiny trailer over!  I tried to ask a neighbor this question earlier, but he only wanted to tell me to avoid the wind in the first place….but that isn't the question I was asking.

            I got close to flipping a few months ago - I was dressed and ready to run in the early morning hours as the wind howled and the trailer rocked.  This is not something I enjoyed or really want to repeat!  It is strange to know your home is only as sturdy as the strength of the wind that assaults it.

            I am beginning to feel like we're the three little pigs - the wolf outside is trying to blow my house down!

            I don't have an answer nor much ability to focus on things like writing as I try and decide if I need to move from this spot or just ride it out….life's biggest question never have clear answers or clear consequences….that sucks.

            I hope your Monday is calmer than mine!  I will see you hopefully soon and who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll have my answer, one way or another!

No comments: