Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When does the next transition begin?

The other day I was cleaning up - well reorganizing my mess would be better description - but I came across a notebook and inside I had written last July 2010 what I wanted my life to look like.  As I read it I was amazed at how it was describing my life exactly as it is now. 

This was all before I had bought my trailer but just after I had made the decision to let my California life go.  I knew my life would be changing, but I had no details other than the trailer as an option.  It is both gratifying and surprising to know I am in control of creating my life.  I just wish I paid attention more often to what it was I creating!

I am again at a similar point as I was that July.  I know that what I have created so far is about to change, but I have no idea but a vague feeling of what is coming next.  I'm old enough to have lots of information about what I don't want!  But I was again reminded that I still have lots to be opened to that I could want.

As I get older and with  more experience under my belt I have also come to realize that if I let go of more of the details and forms and just stick with the more abstract versions, what life delivers me is much better than what I could have imagined on my own.


I am happy to be happy - and does it matter why I'm happy or just that I am?



I am grateful to be safe and provided for - does it matter where, how, or why?


I am blessed to have the ability to love - does it matter who or what I get back?

Life is easier the more I let go of the reigns.  Peace Pilgrim is one of the women and teachers I love and who in my small way want to follow in her footsteps.  Though, I'm not yet ready to go so simple as just one outfit and a highway.

I think about her when I'm rearranging my mess and reading all the details of what I think I need to have and how to be happy.  And I would be fooling myself if I wasn't very excited to see what my life will be like two years from now as I remember writing this and can then look at what I created from it!

No comments: