Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's in a Dog's Day?

Just thought I would do a short update on Freedom here in the tiny trailer!  He's getting more confident - but he's also got a new friend that is helping him with that when we are out walking with loud noises and strong wind gusts (which by the way are getting really tiresome....)

Rosco and Freedom - I think the appeal is it's like looking in a mirror!
He's had a few digestive issues so this is what I swore I wouldn't do...cook chicken soup.  Trouble is the rice was more like popcorn flying out of the dish while he ate!  Good thing I put a towel down first!

The food was flying, but at least it stayed down and in until morning!

He and I could also use some dog advice - he is losing his hair along the back of his neck, but nowhere else.  Found some awesome stuff "Vetericyn" that kills everything in the world it seems - except stress so I'm leaning that way.  There doesn't seem to be much itching - any suggestions?

Can you read in reverse???
Other than that, life seems to be okay for us all!  My plans to head north aren't looking too good.  The next program I wanted to go to said no - after they read my website and watched my video's - I can only surmise as to why....



But I am trusting the right place at the right time will show up and when it does we'll head out...that is if we don't get blown away by this wind first - look out Dorothy, here we go to OZ again!!!

3 comments:

TexCyn said...

Vetricyn is great stuff from what I've been told. I've used rescue remedy on my dogs. You can usually find it at a GNC type of place, or maybe a pet supply retailer, although it's harder to find through them. Do you do any rough housing with him? If not, slowly try working rough play into his schedule if he'll accept it.
In cases where he gets really upset, then try a benedryl. Some dogs it doesn't phase, some it only quiets them down for about an hour. I think positive play & actions towards his temperament will help him. Play ball & stuff like that with him if you don't already. What lab doesn't like a ball? ;-)

The rice thing is good for upset tummies.
Sorry the next job didn't go through.

jill said...

Thanks for the ideas - I totally agree in that trying to find his joy helps. He LOVES his walks, so it's good he's got something he likes to do. He didn't have any normal puppy intro's to swimming, fetch, etc. so he's funny about that stuff - he's learning how to be happy really.

TexCyn said...

You are doing a great job with him! He's very lucky to have someone like you in his life :-)