Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is Life Really Like in a Tiny Trailer?

Before, during, and I imagine long after people have told me about their dreams of a what their life would be like traveling in a trailer.  Granted, I'm not doing much traveling, but I am officially living like I do - so that counts!  Women everywhere have always just understood when I have talked about the "running away" fantasy.  They always agree, yes, they've had that one too.  Almost every man I've ever made this comment to just looks at me like he doesn't understand...

Lately I've been thinking things like if  you only knew....yes, the freedom is AWESOME!  I won't deny I love knowing I can pick up and go if I want to.  I love that I am contained and mobile.  I love that my life is very simple.  I love that I never know who I am going to meet each day and what new adventure or gift that will bring.  I really LOVE that part.

But then there are days.....like every one for the past 75+ in which I just don't want to be cold any more!  The realization that no one is going to fit in this trailer but me - made even more clear when Freedom came to live and brought his stinky gas with him....no way I'm letting a man do that in here!

Then there's me hoping that someone other than the 9 single and lonely men living across the street would move there - and just when there was hope, a woman my own age on the same journey, she never came out of her trailer....partly because of the cluster of 9 single and lonely men who sit outside all day around her, but such a bummer!

But then again, as I was out walking this morning getting ready to climb up the tiny hill to let Freedom run free, I heard a noise I didn't recognize and when I looked up, coming over the bluff was the  most spectacular formation of ducks - they were flying so low they looked more like they were floating over my head.  I couldn't take my eyes off them - all the while hoping they wouldn't poop in my eyes too!

There is much  more good than bad, but sometimes you've just got to be honest and honestly there are days I just want to turn on water that is already hot, have a bathroom that is inside my house, and not have a floor that shakes and scares the only male that's ever going to live in this tiny box with me!

No comments: