Thursday, December 1, 2011

Preparing for the New World - Body, Mind, Heart, and Spirit!


            We are now officially entering the last month of 2011 - can you believe how fast it all went!  Even more shocking is that it is soon going to be 2012.  I remember more than five years ago feeling like I had forever to prepare for what would be coming at the end of this year.  I thought I had a good plan and plenty of time to put it all into place.  Never in a million years did I think then that I would be here living like I am now!

            I also thought I'd be farther along spiritually, more secure financially, and much more collected materially…oh well!  But this morning as I was reading - again - one of the lessons in A Course in Miracles (ACIM) it was clear in pointing out that no matter what does or does not happen in our lives, it is always for our highest good.   That can be a confusing idea when you've got less money, security, and material goods to get by than you ever have had before while we prepare to enter an era of such great uncertainty!

            But the lesson behind the lesson is this - what is good for the spirit doesn't always feel good to the ego!

            I've been thinking about what I am really trying to accomplish with this website and it has felt that while there is a vague sense of clarity, there is nothing that has given me the boundaries and structure to be consistent in what I am doing.  And the same can be said for what is happening out in the world - what are the goals as everything around us changes faster than we can adapt it seems?

            There has been so much emphasis for those who are interested in preparing and surviving the coming changes on being physically and materially prepared.  But very little has been offered about being mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared.  I've also noticed those who are preparing spiritually seem very disconnected with what it may all mean physically!  It seems to be two camps that haven't really met…and I think here is the place I can offer the most assistance.

            So, with that said, I think for today (with no guarantees about tomorrow!) I really want to focus on these ideas - how to be prepared at all four levels.  This should come as no surprise as it's has been at the basis of everything I've focused on and researched and desired for my own life and my work as a social worker.  Makes sense don't you think to apply it to this New World big picture idea?

            To keep things more focused, I really want to focus on simplicity, survival skills, and actually applying the spiritual laws I keep talking about.  These three ideas are broad enough to keep this fun, but clear enough to let others know what they can expect to find here on my website.

            Maybe this is new for me and maybe it isn't, but one of my greatest struggles is to stay focused on one topic long enough to actually be successful in implementing the changes I am learning about.  In this moment it feels like a good idea - time than will tell!

            SO!  With that said I will say thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will return as it is my goal to create a more focused approach to the website, articles, blogs, and video's - though their essence will not change - just the filter in which we will share the adventure!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I also struggle with staying focused on one thing at a time. Getting away from everything and everyone that was taking up my time has helped, but I still have a long way to go.

Teri said...

I also struggle with staying focused on one thing at a time. Getting away from everything and everyone that was taking up my time has helped, but I still have a long way to go.