Monday, April 11, 2011

What Not To Do...

The best advice comes from those who have paved the way before us and learned the hard way what not to do.  Case in point, when vaccuming out a confined space with a shop-vac that blows air out while you suck dirt in, don't sweep and clean all other areas first.

In my never ending trailer project I discovered one of those "you are kidding me" kind of things.  Hidden away behind shelving and darkness I discovered a hole above my wheel and thus all the dirt the roads it had ridden on inside my trailer walls where it had crusted and caked beyond my reach.

Shop-vac to the rescue!  Until I happened to notice the fine layer of now reddish dust that was settling over the entire interior of the trailer, a fair distance outside of it, and more than I preferred up my nose despite the mask I was wearing.  

How is this relevant to my bigger project, the spiritual quest to build the new world?  Just a few days earlier I had the same experience in my mind that I had today with my trailer.  Oh, you mean I hadn't been able to see that next thing that was blocking my progress due to the old and crusty dirt hidden away?  That can also read, guilt and anger.

The advice?  Don't assume you've ever got all the dirt cleaned out - it's much easier to assume that cleaning out the dark and dank places is never ending.  Oh, and do the dirtiest task first or you'll have to re-clean everything else that you've now covered in old dust ( beliefs would do there nicely too).

Tomorrow, more cleaning and this time I'm starting on top, not in the middle, and working my way down.  

No comments: