Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Call of the Promise

The New Year is almost here and I want to look at it a bit differently.  Most of us by a certain age have given up the long list of goals we know by now we most likely won't fulfill....oh well, it does feel good to dream!

Running Free Rocks!
This year I want to start talking about The Promise.  Not the type of wishful thinking most of our dreams revolve around, but rather the means to find the purpose of our lives.  We were each born here with a purpose and we were also given the promise of learning what we needed to learn to be able to experience what we came to be.

You'll notice I didn't say "do," which is what most of us are trained to believe our purpose really is.  But part of making the spiritual leap is to realize that the physical actions we take in this world mean very little in the realm of eternity and infinity.  I can barely remember what I did last week, but I can very clearly remember what I have learned this last year.  It is not concrete in terms of objectives defined by a list of clearly identified life goals....No...not that easy I'm happy or sorry to say?

I've done all that, well most of it - the house, the car, the relationship, the money, the stuff...oh geez, the stuff....but none of that has given me anything more than the sense I've really been wasting a LOT of time on things that I only now understand have very little value.  Though they have a tremendous burden attached to them.

Clearly these things could not have been my purpose or the Promise for my time here on Planet Earth? If not them, than what?
Freedom is the Promise

I like the idea of a Promise more than a Purpose because in my belief system as it stands now I understand that I was given everything, as was everyone else - what purpose could there then be that needed to be served, doesn't that imply that something is not right or is lacking?   Doesn't that defy the entire message of The First or our Creator that was given to us?

A purpose feels like I'm looking for something I don't have.  A Promise feels like I've got something really good and I am guaranteed to get it, unless I refuse it.  Much better odds I think!

This year I want to share with all who stop by, the Promise of Freedom.  While it may not be tops on your list like mine, it is really the pinnacle of what we have been given.  If it doesn't make sense to you now, my hope is it will as we go along this year.

If I don't get back here before next year, may your year end with joy and your new one begin with glory!

Jill
jillelizabeth.net 

No comments: