Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Did You Share Today?

 
           One of the basic laws by which this Universe operates is that to keep something we must give it away.  This of course flies in the face of worldly wisdom that says if you want to keep something of value, you must hide it, store it, insure it, protect it, defend it, and die for it.  We believe if we give or share something we value we will have less at the cost of giving someone else more.

            But it is not which of these two ideas we need to decide are true or not, but rather a closer examination of what it is we value and why.  Part of the purpose of my journey is to more fully understand for myself this idea of sharing.  I used to believe I needed to share what I knew in my words and teachings to help others.  It was a hard blow to my ego to figure out the only real reason I was writing and trying to help others was to convince my self of what I was trying to learn for myself.  Eight plus books, numerous videos, countless hours, and all my money spent on this belief later…well, needless to say it took a while for my ego to calm down long enough by this blow to really sit with the idea to see if it was real.

            Bad news, it was.  Oh, and the other piece I had to learn along the way and still am is that not only were all my efforts directed at convincing me of what I needed to learn - but so were the reactions of others to me.  Looking for validation outside of my self and not finding it but in rare instances at first left me confused, but has now shown me that there is just still more for me to let go of and learn.

            So back to the idea of what it means to share.  Do I keep what I know to myself or not?  Is there value in sharing what I value?  At first I was not so sure.  But as I meet people along the way sharing what they value with me it is getting clearer that it is in the sharing that the value is increased for both of us.

            We've been conditioned to believe sharing is of this world in the tangibles - money, food, knowledge.  But from a larger perspective, all those things are temporary and spiritual truth states only that which is eternal is of value.  It is the sharing of love, joy, happiness, health, freedom, and abundance that is what is truly valuable.  While we may live a life defending against what we don't want, underneath are these same values we do want. 

            But the second question is how do we share?  It's something I've been asking myself a lot lately.  My own joy and happiness keep growing, but the more I have the less I know how to share it - I am aware I've begun to appear simple and silly to many.  It's been holding me back, but recently I had the opportunity to really ask myself why - and the answer I came up with is there is no reason that I can think of.  How can joy be silly or love be something to be ashamed of?

            We need to share our joy.  What we share increases.  I spent most of my life trying to end suffering by sharing my own - it didn't work out for me or others.  Nor has it with my fears, my judgments, my condemnations, or my criticisms. 

            We share our joy by being joyful.  We share our health by being active.  We share our creativity by being inventive.  We share our happiness by being inclusive of others.  We share what we love and value and we not only increase it within our selves, but in the world around us.

            There's a misunderstanding that peace is passive and joy is not valuable.  Nothing could be further from Truth (with a capital T).  Peace is stillness, but it is in our stillness that clarity comes and with that efficiency.  We were born as creators, not slaves.  Our world is in the process of recognizing they don't like their slavery, but the next step is to own their power by being creative.

            We share what we love by our acts of creativity.  One of the best parts of this process has been to see what others have built.  Their homes, their food supplies, their livelihoods - all built with a dream of creativity and they have blessed me by sharing it with me.  It inspires me, it energizes me, and it empowers me to know that when the time is right I will be able to do the same.

            This is why I want to share my journey with you.  Not for you to agree with me, but to give what I value away so that it will grow in the hearts and minds of those who seek their own freedom, joy, happiness, empowerment, and creative expression.

            It is wonderful to meet others who share what I value - and it should be wonderful.  Sharing is just another word for joining - in our minds, our hearts, our actions, and our spirits.  It is what we are here for - to find our self by sharing it with others.

No comments: